Need a good software with an easy interface?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Mp3+GToolz will do that as long as you have the disc number it will work.

www.activeaspsoftware.net

leftygt

Post by leftygt »

DanG2006, I tried mp3+g toolz , did'nt have much luck i'm afraid. I tried it with a disc i ripped - AH2005. when i ripped it it just named the tracks as track 1, 2, 3, 4...etc...etc....., I tried renaming the using the internet option with mp3+g toolz. I did'nt/could'nt do it.
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

I've been doing a lot of searching on the internet, and I dont think what I need is available. As I'm only a home user, its pointless me printing out a songbook - much easier for somebody just to ask for a particular song or artist, and let the player do the searching. Even the naming format seems different for pro's, where I would search for say, Elvis Presley - the pro's seem to prefer it to be Presley,Elvis. What I need is just the artist and title and nothing else as it would be played directly from the search function on the player. Unfortunatley there doe'nt seem to be a programme out there that will properly name files from the manufacturers codes or a database.

One example is my rip of AH2005. My cd+g ripper never actually named the tracks as I said earlier and all I have is track 1, 2, 3 etc..etc...

If I search songlist creator for AH2005, it gives me a list of all the track titles, artists etc...etc...
I need a programme to re-name the un-named tracks and artist fields to the proper titles.
There is obviously data-bases out there, songlist creator being the only one I know, but they seem to be exclusivley for making songbooks and nothing else.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

When I needed to generate filenames from a text file, I contacted a chap called Peter Sobol, who writes all sorts of applets for various programs, Excel, Word, Access and many others.

www.sobolsoft.com/

It's easy to drop a text file into Excel in separate columns and from there generate file names.

If he finds your idea useful, he might be able to get a program applet for you.

He is very reasonable on cost and my prog cost a mighty £10 (about $18 at that time).

You should be able to generate a text file of your tracks and it's possible an applet of this kind might do the job for you.

When you ripped the discs, did the ripper put the files into individual folders with a folder name based on the CD?

i.e. For disc AH2005 are your track01, track02....... in a folder named AH2005?

Sandy
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

yeah, it got the disc name right (as in AH2005 for example), but that was all the info that was extracted. This happened with a lot of the discs - if it were just the case with a few of them I'd manually do it.

Mnementh, you lost me after "dropping text files into exel" :nonod: :nonod:
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi leftygt,
I've emailed Peter Sobol and he came back to me very quickly.

He needs a zip file with a complete album in it, so he can evaluate it.

I can do this no problem, when I get home but obviously, i need to see if I've got an album YOU have. I can also provide him with a text file for the album.

Did you rip any of the following series and if so, give me an example disc number;

Sunfly (preferred, as I have all the standard Sunfly discs).
DK
EZ
CB

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any of your AH series (All Hits by any chance?)

Presumably, you ended up with two files per track;

track01,mp3
track01.cdg

correct?

Sandy
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

mnementh wrote:Hi leftygt,
I've emailed Peter Sobol and he came back to me very quickly.

He needs a zip file with a complete album in it, so he can evaluate it.

I can do this no problem, when I get home but obviously, i need to see if I've got an album YOU have. I can also provide him with a text file for the album.

Did you rip any of the following series and if so, give me an example disc number;

Sunfly (preferred, as I have all the standard Sunfly discs).
DK
EZ
CB

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any of your AH series (All Hits by any chance?)

Presumably, you ended up with two files per track;

track01,mp3
track01.cdg

correct?

Sandy

Hi Sandy, yes you are correct, I ended up with track 01.mp3 - track 01.cdg etc..etc...

I do have SF260 - SF270, any use to you?

If this guy could create a programme where I selected the folder to have its contents re-named properly, then just enter the disc code and hit a "re-name" button, I'd definitley be interested in buying that!

Just one more thing - do the files have to be zip files? mine are'nt.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

That's excellent.

No problems on that front.

I'll put together a zip file with tracks from SF260, generate a text file and send it to Peter Sobol.

Please understand that if he doesn't see any particular other uses for a utility of this kind, he might well decline to try it.

sandy
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

mnementh wrote:That's excellent.

No problems on that front.

I'll put together a zip file with tracks from SF260, generate a text file and send it to Peter Sobol.

Please understand that if he doesn't see any particular other uses for a utility of this kind, he might well decline to try it.

sandy
Ah sure its worth a try Sandy!
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Doesn't it still require some kind of a data base to extract the correct names from? Like song book program?

You make it sound like push the rename button and it will grab names from mid air.
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

I know Im not a pro, but Im not thick mate! have I not been saying all along it would need something like songlist creator that incorporates a database? I reckon the first company to incorporate all three - player, songbook creator and database for naming/renaming files, into one software programme will make an absolute killing.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:Doesn't it still require some kind of a data base to extract the correct names from? Like song book program?

You make it sound like push the rename button and it will grab names from mid air.
MP3+G Toolz front menu certainly has an option to name files from the net.

I haven't actually tried it out but if I have time, I will, tonight.#

Sandy
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

mnementh wrote:
Bigdog wrote:Doesn't it still require some kind of a data base to extract the correct names from? Like song book program?

MP3+G Toolz front menu certainly has an option to name files from the net.

I haven't actually tried it out but if I have time, I will, tonight.#

Sandy
I tried it using (suprise, suprise!!) AH2005 - it turned up no results.
leftygt

Post by leftygt »

Just found this free programme :

http://rs270.rapidshare.com/files/31407 ... toname.rar

It links to KSLC or KJPRO database. I loads up ok and seems to have all the right credentials - but everytime I input a disc number in manual mode it says it cant be found - even though I'm looking at it in KSLC! If this worked it would be perfect.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It is a good program. you have to have the disc name exactly the way they have it in the database for it to find it.